Protecting your privacy is our priority.
This page explains how the personal information we collect through this website (chrein.com) will be treated. Since we are not lawyers, we’ll provide this information in familiar FAQ style.
Who are you?
We are Chrein.com LLC., a US-based company founded by Lloyd Chrein. We design, develop, maintain and support websites for business located or with offices in the United States.
What information do you store?
We store user input data sent through the contact forms on this website, along with meta information about the submissions, including the time stamp, the origin IP address, and the user agent (browser). Also, third party services may collect information about website visitors. We currently use Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
Where does the information go?
We use the Contact Form 7 plugin to manage contact form submissions. The information is sent as email messages that only a select few are allowed to access. The information is also stored in the database on our hosting server for backup and later reference purposes. We use the Contact Form DB plugin to safely manage this data. GoDaddy hosts this website.
What do you do with the information?
We use the information to respond to the people who voluntarily fill out our forms on our website. We do not add information from our contact form to any marketing email lists or other bulk contact lists.
Do you share the information with other parties?
No, although we do use some WordPress plugins on this website that may pass data, including personal information, to external servers to process, such as Wordfence Security by Defiant Inc. a Delaware company.
We only use WordPress plugins and themes that are hosted by WordPress.org. WordPress.org’s guidelines clearly prohibit tracking users without their explicit informed consent.
How long do you keep the information?
We don’t set a particular time limit on storing information because we need it for future reference. If you want your information to be removed from our database, please contact us. We will remove it anytime there are concerns about your privacy.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR is a European regulation concerning the use and processing of personal information. We are committed to processing the information of EU visitors to our Sites in compliance with the GDPR upon its effectiveness on May 25, 2018.
The applicable legal basis for which we process your information for the specific purposes listed above, include the following:
• We have a legitimate interest in communicating with you and managing our interactions with your regarding our products and services.
• In specific circumstances, we may need to process your information to comply with an applicable law or regulation. Where we process your information to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to this processing activity, but you will usually have the right to access or review this information unless it would impede our legal obligations.
We will use reasonable efforts to timely respond to any requests by you to exercise your rights under the GDPR:
• You have the right to see and get a copy of information, including an electronic copy that we have about you;
• You have the right to ask us to make any corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data we have about you;
• You can also request that we erase your Personal Data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which you provided it;
• You may ask us to restrict how we process your Personal Data to certain limited purposes where erasure is not possible;
In certain circumstances you may be able to request that we send a copy of your Personal Data to a third party of your choosing; and
• You can object to processing of your personal information based on our legitimate interest (or those of a third party) to use it and there is something about your particular situation that causes you to object to such processing.
• To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the information provided above. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority where you believe that your rights have been violated.
This site is owned and operated in the United States. Your use of the website will result in the collection, storage, and processing of your information in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations. If you are visiting this site from a country other than the United States, your information will cross an international boundary. The level of protection for your information in the United States may not be the same as the level of protection in your country.